What exactly is cosmetic dentistry? I think cosmetic dentistry is anything that makes a patient's smile more beautiful, that causes that patient to be more confident when they're smiling. Anything that raises that patient's self-esteem. Cosmetic dentistry doesn't need to be a huge project. Cosmetic dentistry can be small, it can be less invasive, it can turn into something much larger. Patients may decide that they want all of their teeth improved. Patients have many reasons to ask for cosmetic dentistry procedures. It may be that they don't have the smile that they really want and now they have the opportunity to give that give to themselves. Some patients decide that they don't want to spend the time doing orthodontics, and they maybe don't like the shape of their teeth, or they don't like the color of their teeth. So, they are willing to do something a little more involved. They may opt to do crowns and veneers. It's amazing what we can do to change a patient's smile with porcelain from a good lab. From a really skilled ceramist.
I think cosmetic dentistry is so important to our patients that I am taking the time to continue my education in some advanced concepts so that the patients are getting the very latest and greatest procedures.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins and the dedicated team in our Huntsville, AL dentist office like to keep your family’s smiles healthy. But they’ve got a special love for helping you attain the smile of your dreams with cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Don’t let your smile dictate your confidence in social situations like:
- First dates
- Work presentations
- Job interviews
- Parent-teacher conferences
Let us transform your smile and boost your self-confidence with cosmetic dentistry! Call Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments to Transform Your Smile
Trust our cosmetic dental treatments to correct almost any smile flaw, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Stained or dingy teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Gaps in your smile
- Receding gums
- A “gummy” smile
Dr. Perkins, a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, will spend time with you discussing your smile goals, your expectations, your lifestyle, and your budget.
Working together, you’ll create a customized smile beautification plan. Whether you decide to get a single cosmetic dental treatment or multiple procedures, she’ll explain everything you need to know!
The cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer include:
- Dental veneers. These thin “shells” of tooth-like material cover the entire front surface of your teeth. Often called “instant orthodontics” because of their impact on your smile, they can cover cracks, chips, stains, slightly crooked teeth, and other flaws.
- Teeth whitening. You’ll get a choice of in-office or at-home teeth whitening treatments. Either way, your pearly whites will look a lot more pearly.
- Orthodontics. We use Invisalign and Six Month Smiles to straighten teeth. Both are far more discreet than traditional metal braces.
- Tooth bonding. We apply tooth-colored resin directly to your teeth to conceal imperfections like cracks, stains, and chips, or to change the look of misshapen teeth. The treatment is completely reversible.
- Teeth contouring/crown lengthening. We use a high-tech laser to painlessly reshape your teeth or to modify the appearance of teeth that are worn-down or otherwise not long enough.
You can combine multiple cosmetic dental treatments for a complete smile makeover! And if you want to frame your new smile in a younger-looking face, we also offer Botox® and Juvéderm® treatments!
You Can Get Gorgeous Gums Too
If you’re dissatisfied with the way your gums look, we offer cosmetic dental treatments to improve their appearance too! If you’ve got an uneven gumline, receding gums, or a “gummy” smile, we can correct those issues with:
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique. The most comfortable way to repair receding gums is with Chao Pinhole. This procedure is well-known for being very patient-friendly, so ask about it today!
- Gum reshaping. We’ll use a laser to remove excess gum tissue, giving your smile the right balance between teeth and healthy, pink gums. Thanks to the laser, the procedure is quick and virtually pain-free.
- Gum graft. It’s not only unattractive – it can also be unhealthy if your gums pull away from your teeth. We can take a small amount of tissue from another part of your mouth and then attach it to your gums for an even appearance.