Orthodontics has changed a lot in the past two decades. While every case is different, many folks no longer need to endure a mouth full of metal to get a straighter smile. Visit Dr. Jennifer Perkins in our Huntsville, AL dental office, to know more what orthodontics treatment will be the best option for you.Dr. Jennifer Perkins on Orthodontics Options Read Transcript
So something that we do that's very unique in my practice is we offer a procedure called Propel, orthodontic acceleration. The really neat thing about using Propel in conjunction with either Invisalign or Six Month Smiles, it allows us to finish your treatment so much faster that you can actually meet some of those important lifetime deadlines. We've finished young ladies just in time for their weddings. We've finished other patients in time for big class reunions. And sometimes you just want to get it done and so we have that option to get your treatment finished faster.
Newer alternatives like Invisalign and Six Month Smiles make the teeth straightening process:
- Quicker. While it can take up to two or three years to straighten teeth with traditional metal braces, the average treatment time for Invisalign is just 12 months. And you can get a straighter smile in an even shorter time frame with Six Month Smiles.
- More convenient. Both Invisalign and Six Month Smiles involve making fewer trips to our Huntsville, AL dental office than you would for metal braces.
- More comfortable. Invisalign doesn’t use wires at all, and Six Month Smiles exerts less force on your teeth than metal braces. So they are more comfortable to wear.
- Less noticeable. Invisalign uses clear plastic aligner trays to straighten your teeth, while Six Month Smiles employs clear brackets and tooth-colored wires. Both of them are practically invisible to the casual observer!
To find out more about our orthodontics options, call Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002.
Helping You Select the Right Orthodontics Option
Dr. Jennifer Perkins, who has training in both the Invisalign and Six Month Smiles systems – not to mention 22 years as a dentist – will help you determine which of these orthodontics options is the best one for you. Among the factors she’ll consider:
- The dental problem you are trying to solve. Six Month Smiles is largely for strictly cosmetic issues, while Invisalign can be used to correct bite issues such as an overbite.
- Your willpower. Invisalign aligner trays are removable, so you can take them out for eating, drinking fluids other than water, and special occasions. But if you can’t commit to wearing them for the recommended 20-22 hours a day, Invisalign may not be for you.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins graduated her DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) in University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organization such as American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give their “dream smile”.