If you want a straighter smile but don’t want to subject yourself to a mouthful of unsightly metal, Six Month Smiles orthodontics may be for you! We offer Six Month Smiles clear braces in our Huntsville, AL dental office because they offer short-term orthodontics clear advantages over traditional metal braces. They offer some benefits over aligner trays as well. Visit Dr. Jennifer Perkins in our Huntsville, AL dental office to know more about short-term orthodontics option.Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS on Short-term Orthdontics Read Transcript
One of the neatest things that we do in our practice is a product called 'Six Month Smiles.' Basically, it is short-term cosmetic orthodontics. The whole idea of the Six Month Smiles treatment is to improve a patient's smile only in the areas that we see it. It is not suitable for children. It's really not suitable for teenagers. The main focus for Six Month Smiles is a patient who wore braces as a teenager and they have noticed that they have some relapse, meaning that their teeth are not perfectly straight anymore, but they don't need a whole lot of correction.
What we can do for these patients is put them in some aesthetically pleasing braces for a short amount of time. I've got patients who are in their 20s that are doing it and I've got patients who are in their 80s who are doing it. It's easy to do. It doesn't take a long time. Then you can have that smile of your dreams.
Advantages of Six Month Smiles include:
- Speedy results. Though dental treatment times will vary, the average – as is evident by the name – is just six months.
- Almost invisible. Since Six Month Smiles uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, many folks won’t even notice you’re wearing them. No more worries about a metallic smile in photos of big occasions like a prom or wedding.
- Less expensive. Six Month Smiles clear braces are typically less costly than traditional braces or systems that use aligner trays.
- More comfortable. Because the clear braces use low force to gently shift your teeth into place, they are more comfortable than traditional braces. And unlike traditional braces, you likely will not need to get any teeth removed.
- Predictable results. Treatment with Six Month Smiles typically yields more predictable results than treatment with aligner trays.
- Convenience. Unlike aligner trays, you won’t have to worry about the possibility of losing your clear braces.
To find out if you’re a candidate for Six Month Smiles, call Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002.
How Is Six Month Smiles Different?
Unlike traditional metal braces, clear braces from Six Month Smiles focus on the “social six,” the front teeth that show when you smile. They are not used to correct issues with jaw alignment or back teeth.
The clear braces are especially popular among adults, thanks to their discreet appearance and short treatment times.
Six Month Smiles aren’t for everyone. A consultation with Dr. Jennifer Perkins is the first step in determining if the clear braces are right for you. She’ll give you a thorough dental exam, using photos, digital X-rays, and other tools to see if Six Month Smiles can straighten your smile.
If you decide to move forward with treatment, she’ll send impressions of your teeth to a special Six Month Smiles lab that produces your clear braces. You’ll visit our Huntsville, AL dental office for checkups during your treatment to ensure the treatment is working as planned.
Complement Your Straighter Smile With Other Cosmetic Services
You might want to further enhance your smile with other cosmetic dentistry treatments like:
- Teeth whitening
- Gum reshaping
- Tooth bonding
We can also provide facial rejuvenation treatments if you want to complement your straighter smile with smoother, younger-looking skin!
Dr. Jennifer Perkins obtained her DDS from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organizations such as the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, and Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give them their dream smile.