Sure, you can buy an over-the-counter teeth whitening product at the drugstore. But the results will likely disappoint you. Consumer formulations are not as strong as the professional teeth whitening treatment we use at Jennifer Perkins, DDS. And you’ll get inconsistent outcomes that depend on how well you apply the product, among other factors. At our Huntsville, AL dental office, we’ll ensure you get a brilliant white smile with KöR teeth whitening treatment! Call 256-801-0002 to know more about teeth whitening treatment Huntsville, AL area with Dr. Jennifer Perkins.Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS on Professional Teeth Whitening Treatment Read Transcript
The reasons why our patients choose to whiten their teeth are many. The big ones are weddings, and that means grooms also, not just the brides, graduation gifts from high school and college. Both of those type students really appreciate that gift. Of course, when you finish doing orthodontics, bleaching is a wonderful way to finish up that new, beautiful smile. We have people who come in to have their teeth whitened, getting ready for class reunions. Sometimes, it's just because you want to give your smile just that little extra oomph.
We use the Core system, and the reason why we chose that over some of the other available systems is because this is a deep bleach. It is considered to be much more permanent than some of the other brands available on the market today. It does require some touch up, maybe once a month, but that is significantly less than some of the other products that are used. This particular product has several different options. You can use just trays and bleaching gel at home for some lighter staining. We can help you in the office with in-office treatments with one of our hygienists for some of the more stubborn stains, and we've even had success in bleaching out tetracycline stains, which is the real difficult one to tackle. We've been able to make quite a bit of improvement on several different patients.
Why Professional Teeth Whitening Is Better
Compared to teeth whitening treatment you get at the drugstore, our professional dental treatments are:
- More effective. With a higher concentration of whitening agents, you’ll get brighter results – up to 16 shades brighter!
- Easier to use. We take impressions of your teeth to make sturdy custom teeth whitening trays for you. No more struggling with strips or flimsy trays! And using our trays will ensure you cover all your tooth surfaces.
- Backed by our team. If you have any questions, our team is a phone call away. We’re more responsive to your needs than the person at the other end of the 1-800 number on the box of store product.
Your Teeth Whitening Options
We use teeth whitening treatment from respected brand KöR. You can choose to use treatments in the convenience of your own home or get a treatment in our Huntsville, AL dental office. Either way, you’ll get a whiter, brighter smile!
We’ve highlighted their differences here:
- At-home teeth whitening: We take impressions of your teeth and send you home with custom whitening trays to wear when convenient. You’ll get a significantly brighter smile in four to six weeks.
- Office whitening: Our capable staff applies the teeth whitening treatment for you. All you do is relax and wait for the product to work! You’ll have a whiter smile that same day.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins obtained her DDS from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organizations such as the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, and Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give them their dream smile.
If your pearly whites aren’t looking so pearly, call Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002 to find out more about our teeth whitening treatment Huntsville, AL area. Or use our online form to make an appointment at our Huntsville, AL dental office.