Good News! Your favorite dental team has returned to what we love to do, which is taking care of you and your family! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same. Our top priority is always your health, safety and well-being.
We have reopened our office with caution, and after much hard work and preparation to prevent the spread of infection. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We are now more vigilant than ever in monitoring the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), due to COVID-19. We follow the mandates of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have always done this to ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. Our procedures are developed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Rest assured our increased protocols go above and beyond those recommendations to keep you safe.
In keeping with our commitment to provide the safest environment for our friends, our own families, and our team, we have implemented additional safety protocols in addition to our existing measures. These changes are effective immediately. You should anticipate these additional protective efforts when it is time for your next appointment.
- Our team will communicate with you beforehand to have you answer a screening questionnaire prior to your arrival.You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. Appointments will be rescheduled if risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 is determined.
- Face masks and gloves will be worn by every member of our team.
- There will be increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office and waiting area. We will be wiping down touch screens and credit card machines after each use. We will disinfect the Powder Room, furniture, doors and handles after each use.
- There will be increased PPE for all staff who provide dental care.Gowns, face shields, and N95 masks disposed of, or if reusable, disinfected thoroughly between each patient.
- Air Purification systemshave been purchased and installed in each room to aid in removal of aerosols.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following safety measure as we work through this ever-changing situation:
- Wait in your car upon arrival. Please call or text to let us know you have arrived. A team member will join you in the parking lot to take your temperature, and perform the required screening. After completion of the screening, remain in your car until you are notified we are ready for your entrance into the office.
- Please do not bring friends or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment. Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the office.
- Maintain social distancing practicesas you move about our office.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the officeby using the hand sanitizer provided. Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the office for your protection and ours.
- Please do not bring items such as toys, books, magazines and laptop computers to your appointment. Our Living room will no longer offer magazines, books, or refreshment items since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we all work towards improving safety measures, and adjusting to our new “normal”. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will keep you updated through this situation. In the meantime, maintain good oral care and we look forward to making you smile soon!
Dr. Jennifer Perkins