Nothing wrecks your family’s day quite like a dental emergencies. They can be painful, like a toothache, or sometimes even scary, like a knocked-out tooth.In her 22 years in dentistry, Dr. Jennifer Perkins has dealt with just about every kind of dental emergency you can imagine. She’s a pro at soothing jangled nerves and solving dental problems. If your family is having a dental emergencies Huntsville, AL area, call our Huntsville, AL dentist office at 256-801-0002 right away for a same-day appointment.Dr. Jennifer Perkins on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
If you find yourself having a dental emergency, please give us a call, and we'll invite in that very same day. We'll do whatever we need to do to get you out of pain and get you on your way. Please know that if you call after hours that one of the team members will get back to you, and we will find a solution for your problem.
Getting You a Same-Day Appointment
The most important thing in any dental emergency is to get to our Huntsville, AL dental office as soon as possible. The sooner you come in, the quicker we can get you out of pain and the better the odds that we’ll be able to save any endangered teeth.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins is on call 24/7, and she monitors an after-hours number for emergency calls. In most cases, we are able to get you a same-day appointment for your dental emergency.
Fixing Your Dental Emergency
Some dental emergencies we see often at Jennifer Perkins, DDS are:
- Knocked-out tooth. We’ll try to save your tooth by reinserting it into its socket. If this isn’t an option, we’ll likely suggest a dental implant or a dental bridge to replace your tooth. We’ll relieve your pain and prepare the area for the procedure.
- Broken tooth. If you break or crack your tooth, we can usually repair it with a dental crown. The dental crown not only covers the damage but also strengthens your tooth. If the break is too severe for a dental crown, we’ll gently extract your tooth.
- Toothache. If your toothache is caused by a cavity, we’ll clean out the decay and place a tooth-colored filling.
No matter which procedure you need for your dental emergency, we’ll make sure you are comfortable. We’ll thoroughly numb your mouth with local anesthesia.
And we’ll help you relax with:
- Soft pillows
- Warm blankets
- TVs to distract you while we work
- Dental sedation, if you need it
Dr. Jennifer Perkins graduated her DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) in University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organization such as American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give their “dream smile “.