There’s a reason why dentures remain a popular method for replacing teeth. Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS offers different options for dentures Huntsville, AL area. Unlike some other tooth replacement options, they:
- Don’t require lengthy or invasive treatments
- Are relatively affordable
- Offer plenty of flexibility, with choices appropriate for replacing anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful
We offer multiple denture options in our Huntsville, AL dental office, including those attached to dental implants. To find out if dentures are the right choice for you, call Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002.
Dentures and Dental Implants: A Strong Combination
One of the newest denture options is to secure them with dental implants. This offers several advantages, including:
- Stability. Because they’re attached to dental implants, your denture won’t go anywhere! No more embarrassing slippage. Not only that, but they offer up to 90 percent of your natural bite power.
- Convenience. No need for messy adhesive! Your denture are easier to care for when attached to dental implants.
- Comfort. Because your dentures are attached to implants instead of sitting on your gums, they are more comfortable to wear.
- Better oral health. Because dental implant stimulate your jawbone much like natural tooth roots, you won’t lose bone density the way you can with traditional dentures.
You’ve Got Other Dentures Options Too
Of course, you’ve got other denture options too! You can choose more traditional alternatives:
- Full denture replace a whole mouthful of missing teeth. They usually require adhesive or metal attachments to stay in your mouth.
- Partial denture are great if you still have some of your own teeth. They can be fixed – meaning only a dentist can remove them – or removable. We secure fixed partials to your natural teeth or to dental crowns, sometimes using metal attachments for security. Dental implants can also support fixed partial denture; no attachments needed! Removable partials will snap into place without adhesives.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins obtained her DDS from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organizations such as the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, and Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give them their dream smile.
To hear more about all of your dentures options, call Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002. Or use our online form to schedule your dentures Huntsville, AL, visit to our Huntsville, AL dental office.