Like most cliches, the one about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure is very true. And it’s especially true when it comes to your family’s dental health!Jenny Perkins DDS on general dentistry Read Transcript
What we do a lot of in my practice is take care of just the everyday dentistry, what you would call General Dentistry, fillings, crowns, just everyday stuff that needs to be done. Come in, get your teeth cleaned, have us do a comprehensive exam, do x-rays, check you out, make sure everything is okay. We do advanced treatment also, but what happens every day, just the usual around here, is just keeping people in good shape, just taking care of the wear and tear.
You will find us doing fillings. We have chosen not to use amalgam, those are the silver fillings. Every filling that walks out of my office is going to be a tooth colored composite because I feel like that is a better restoration. Of course it's prettier and that's what we're looking for, a really nice smile that's attractive for our patients.
Crowns are just upkeep for patients taking care of their wear and tear on their teeth because teeth wear out and they need attention. Sometimes a filling is not enough or frankly it's not the correct restoration for a tooth. So, we do crown teeth and that's just to support them and help you keep that tooth in good shape for a longer amount of time.
Preventive dental care helps you avoid complicated and costly procedures. Our general dentistry services are among the most important we provide in our Huntsville, AL dentist office.
To visit Jennifer Perkins, DDS for dental exams, dental cleanings, or other general dentistry services, call 256-801-0002.
General Dentistry Services Keep Your Mouth Healthy
Among the general dentistry services we provide are:
- Dental exams. During exams we check you for everything from dental decay to oral cancer. We recommend coming to our Huntsville, AL dentist office every six months for exams and cleanings.
- Dental cleanings. We thoroughly clean your teeth, getting into all the nooks and crannies you miss at home with your toothbrush and floss.
- Gum disease screenings and treatment. We look for gum disease during every exam. If there are any signs of it, we eradicate the infection with treatment.
- Fluoride treatments. Applying fluoride varnish to your teeth also helps prevent cavities.
Offering You the Highest Quality Dental Care
One of the ways we keep your family’s treatments comfortable and precise is by using some of the latest dental technology, like digital X-rays. Our digital X-rays offer several benefits over traditional X-rays, including:
- Faster. We don’t have to wait for film to develop, so you’ll spend less time in our care chair!
- Easier to see. We can enlarge and sharpen images to get a better look at your mouth.
- Less radiation. Digital radiography uses far less radiation than traditional film X-rays, so it’s safer for your family.
But while dental technology is important, it’s our great team that really sets us apart from other dentists!
Dr. Jennifer Perkins has been practicing dentistry for over 20 years. And she spent time as a high school science teacher, so she excels at answering your questions and explaining even complex treatments in simple terms.
Our all-female team enjoys spending time together, inside and outside the office, so they’re great at working together to ensure your family gets great care and personal attention. They’ll offer you amenities like:
- Soft pillows and blankets
- Complimentary beverages
- TVs in our care rooms
- Dental sedation, if you need it