Because they completely cover your entire tooth and replace your missing tooth, with dental crowns and dental bridges from Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS in our Huntsville, AL area dental office can help you fix your dental problems, including:Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS on Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges Read Transcript
Some of the other treatments that we do for patients are crowns and bridges. All a bridge is is two crowns connected by what you would call the fake tooth, the missing tooth that we're trying to replace. Teeth that need crowns can either be cracked teeth that are having some discomfort on chewing or are hot or cold sensitive. That might be a tooth that requires a crown. Another tooth that might need a crown would be a tooth that has had a large filling in it, and the filling is fine, but the tooth is breaking down, and there's not enough tooth left to fill again. In that case, a crown is generally in order.
All a crown is is a permanent cast. It sits over the tooth and it supports it so that we can maintain that tooth for a longer period of time. Bridges are used to replace missing teeth. They're a permanent solution. They actually bond in to the teeth next to the space. That's an option to use when you don't want to have a removable type appliance like a partial. A lot of patients are more comfortable when their missing teeth are replaced in a more permanent fashion.
- Cracked teeth
- Broken teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
And if you’ve lost a tooth, we can replace it with a dental bridges in our Huntsville, AL dental office.
For more information on dental crowns and dental bridges or other restorative dentistry services, call Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS at 256-801-0002.
Dental Crowns Are a Versatile Treatment
Their versatility is one of the biggest benefits of dental crowns. But there are others, too:
- They’re an easy fix. Getting a dental crown is a straightforward and minimally invasive process. Dr. Jennifer Perkins shapes your tooth to prepare it for the crown. Then she takes an impression of your tooth, which goes to our partner lab. The lab uses the information to craft your custom crown. You’ll return to our Huntsville, AL dental office, where we’ll securely affix the dental crown to your tooth.
- They’re custom made. We take careful impressions to ensure a perfect fit for your dental crown. We match the crown’s color to your teeth. And we use high-quality porcelain, which closely resembles tooth enamel. The result is a natural-looking restoration.
- They’ll last for years. Porcelain is also a highly durable material. With proper care, your dental crown should last for decades.
- They look great. In addition to repairing problems like breaks, dental crowns can correct cosmetic imperfections like stained or misshapen teeth.
The Advantages of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. They are made of dental crowns and can be secured with your natural teeth or with dental implants.
As a tooth replacement, they offer many advantages, including:
- Ease of care. Because your dental bridges is anchored to adjoining teeth, you don’t have to use messy adhesives to keep it in place. And with a fixed dental bridge or implant-supported dental bridge, you don’t need to remove it for cleaning.
- Treatment time. In many cases, our Huntsville, AL dental office can give you a dental bridges in just two office visits. We can often start the process the day you come into our dental office.
- Oral health benefits. When you replace a tooth with a dental bridge, you’ll prevent other teeth from shifting out of place, and you’ll also reduce the risk of problems like gum disease.
Dr. Jennifer Perkins obtained her DDS from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. She is also a member of many professional organizations such as the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Society, Huntsville-Madison County Dental Society, and Eighth District Dental Society. After 22 years of practicing dentistry, she’s still excited to help patients restore their oral function and give them their dream smile.
To see us about dental crowns or dental bridges, call Dr. Jennifer Perkins, DDS Huntsville, AL dental office at 256-801-0002. Or use our online form to schedule a visit to our Huntsville, AL dental office.